Scope of Care
Salem Free Clinics is a safety net clinic for the uninsured who are seeking compassionate healthcare.
Our services are free and are for anyone without health insurance or with emergency insurance only.
We provide care for patients who are sick and/or want to be proactive about chronic health needs and medication management.
Care available at SFC that you can make an appointment for:
- Acute Medical
- Dental (wait list) Extraction Only
- Counseling (You can call directly at 503-689-1585)
Specialty care available at SFC that our providers can offer you after an initial assessment:
- Mental Health
- Neurosurgery Consult
- Physical Therapy
We are not able to assist with the following:
- Emergency care (call 911 for emergencies)
- Patients who are 65+ and are eligible for Medicare
- Prescriptions for narcotics, or any other controlled substance
- Healthy patient exams including general physicals, CDL physicals, etc
- Disability Assessments
- Letters for pet therapy
- Return to work statements (unless being treated at SFC as part of an existing health condition)
- Continual vision evaluations and care
If we are unable to assist with all of your needs, we recommend calling 211, Marion County Health Department, Psychiatric Crisis Center, or other community resources.